The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
------ Advertisement ------
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Looking for an XK8 wind deflector (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ XK8 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on June 10, 2002 at 19:45:02:

In Reply to: Re: Looking for an XK8 wind deflector posted by Robert on June 10, 2002 at 19:44:12:

I'm looking for a wind deflector for an XK8 convertible. The Jaguar wind deflector fits behind the seats.

Having heard all the pros and cons about wind deflectors I was offered a used one in good shape for $175 (the only other one I've seen was on a Jag Accessory website for $709!). I was told that the only way to install one was to drill holes in the leather! Well, upon receiving the deflector I installed it in about an hour with NO DRILLING. I was able to make a couple of brackets and install them in a non-invasive way. WHAT A DIFFERENCE in the amount of wind that gets into the car! I have owned convertibles for a long time, so being blown around at highway speeds is nothing new to me (and my wife) but this has made a great difference for long trips at highway speeds. I am not sure of the brand name of this particular deflector but it looks just like the one on the website for $709. Thanks to everyone who responded to my last letter for INFO on Wind Deflectors. If I knew how to put pictures on the site I would, but it looks good on the car too. Robert
http://www.bergenjaguar.com/jaguar_boutique/xk8.htm

http://www.bergenjaguar.com/jaguar_boutique/xk8.htm

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ XK8 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk.
Roadfly.com Logo © 1997 - 2019 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.