The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
------ Advertisement ------
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Car just died.......... (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ XK8 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Cherian on April 16, 2002 at 14:45:41:

In Reply to: Re: Car just died.......... posted by Tom on April 15, 2002 at 15:37:06:

The only time mine has refused to start was when I backed it out of the garage to wash it and immediately turned it off. Then after washing it pulled it back into the garage and immediately turned it off. Then when I went to start it the next day it started to catch and quickly died. I had it towed to the dealer and he called a little later to tell me it was simply flooded. He said he just held the accelerator to the floor and cranked until it started. I forgot the incident and did the same thing again recently. This time I let it sit for a few hours and started it as the guy at the dealership had. I had to crank it for a while but it finally started. I knew about holding the accelerator to the floor in a car with a carburetor but didn't realize that also works in a car with FI.

Your situation is different but the result could be the same. If it cranks but won't start you might try again holding the accelerator all the way to the floor. Hopefully you have a strong battery. Good luck.

Hey guys, was getting the XK8 emissions tested, while resting on the rollers and the car just died, now it wont start it turns over but wont start. Tried the reset button in the passenger kick panel but that didnt work, any ideas?

I had this happen with my Xk* as well. I just cranked it while giving it gas and that got it going. This happens to me from time to time.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ XK8 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk.
Roadfly.com Logo © 1997 - 2019 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.