The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
------ Advertisement ------
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Wheel rattle! (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ XK8 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by DMBS on January 29, 2002 at 11:44:36:

Hi all,

Sounds depressingly familiar when I read these postings about wheel problems. Have a 98XK8 Coupe and at 50K had both the front barings replaced - There was almost an inch lateral movement when jacked off the ground. I asked the dealer (Authorised, UK) to check out what I described as a rattling/light knocking when traveling from 5mph to about 40mph - please check everything as I *damn well know* something is loose. Well, it came back all OK - they couldn't find a problem - it got so bad I called AA Roadside assistance out to check it and that's when the man showed me the movement in the wheels. Confronted the dealer with this and they then had to replace the front barings. But 12K on and she's started rattling again. I think I will look for a 'independent Jag dealer' There is obviously a problem with this car's wheel barings - why do Jaguar (at least in my case) refuse to admit it?

Does anyone have any experience with suspension BUSH problems wearing out prematurely - I hear this might be a problem too...?

Regards,

David.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ XK8 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk.
Roadfly.com Logo © 1997 - 2019 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.