The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
------ Advertisement ------
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: XJ8 mobile phone kit (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ XJ8 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Reinaldo on January 08, 2002 at 17:44:53:

In Reply to: Re: XJ8 mobile phone kit posted by Jason Dickens on October 25, 2001 at 01:48:42:

This is fairly simple:
I have a '98 XJ8L. I bought the six CD changer at the dealer ($650.00) and I installed myself. The car comes pre-wired for it and all you have to do is to plug it in (in the trunk). The changer is Alpine and it's no different from the one in my '94 XJS, or even my wife's '98 Z3. Just bolt the changer somewhere close to the rim of the trunk lid.

Reinaldo

Geoff:Im looking into puting a CD Changer in my trunk and am experiencing the same problem with compatability. They say i must go with Jaguar dealership, that no-one (Blitz etc) makes an adapter for the system. The cost from the dealer is $1000.00, the cost if i could do it another way would be half or less.

I just recently purchased a '98 XJ8 and it did not have the CD player in it. Knowing that it cost $1000 to have one installed I negotiated having this in the purchase of the vehicle. If we knew who manufactured the head unit then we could find out which aftermarket components could work with the head unit. I suspect that Visteon probably makes the head unit.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ XJ8 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk.
Roadfly.com Logo © 1997 - 2019 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.